|BUTTER BEAN PORIYAL | BUTTER BEAN FRY | BUTTER BEAN RECIPES|
- Butter beans - 1 cup (soaked overnight ) Or use the Canned Butter Bean available in grocery store .
- Onion -1 number , chopped
- Curry powder Or Red Chilli Powder -1 tea spoon ( Click here for the recipe )
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Grated Coconut - 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- Urad dal -1 tea spoon
- Oil - 2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
Check out all the other Stir Fry ( Poriyal ) recipes in the blog by Clicking here . Off to Today's post Butter Bean Poriyal ( Stir Fry )
- Soak the Butter Bean in water overnight .( The Canned Butter Bean Can also be used that is precooked . The canned Butter bean is available in the grocery store )
- In a kadai, heat oil.Add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.Add urad dal and stir for a minute. Now add the onions and cook till it becomes soft.Add the Soaked Butter Bean and Add the Curry powder or Red chilli powder , turmeric powder and salt and stir for few seconds till raw smell goes away.
- Add some water and bring the contents to boil. Cook till the butter Bean become soft . ( If using Canned Bean no need to add water .)
- After it is cooked soft add the grated coconut and give a nice stir .
- Cook till the butter bean becomes dry . Serve hot .
- Delicious Butter Bean Poriyal ( Stir Fry ) is ready to serve .
If you like this recipe please like my Facebook page here to get regular recipe updates , or follow me on twitter here , pinterest here , and Google plus here to get regular updates of recipes .