|KADAI CHICKEN RECIPE | CAPSICUM CHICKEN CURRY | CHICKEN RECIPES|
- Chicken - 500 grams , Cleaned , skin out and cut in small pieces
- Capsicum | Bell Pepper - 2 numbers , Diced
- Onion - 1 number , chopped
- Tomato - 2 number, Pureed
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 /2 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Whole red chilli - 2 numbers , slit
- Cumin sees - 1 tea spoon
To Roast and Grind :
- Whole Red Chilli - 12 numbers
- Coriander seeds - 6 teaspoon
- Ginger - 25 gms
- Garlic - 25 grams
- Kasthoori Methi Leaves ( Fenugreek leaves ) - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoon
- Pepper corns - 1 teaspoon
|Capsicum Chicken Curry|
Take a wok and heat it . Add the whole red chilli , coriander seeds , Cumin seeds , Pepper corns , Ginger , garlic , Kasthoori Methi powder ( Dried Fenugreek leaves ) and dry roast them .
Grind them in to a powder in a mixer grinder . Set aside .
Heat a Kadai or Wok and add the oil . Add the cumin seeds and allow it to splutter , and now add the red chillis and fry for few seconds . Add the chopped onions and cook till they become soft .
Add the Chicken pieces , the ground powder , salt and turmeric powder . Mix well .
Add some water and bring the contents to a boil . Cook till the raw masala smell goes away
Now add the pureed tomatoes to the chicken gravy . Mix well .
Cook till oil separates out from the gravy .Now add the diced capsicum and cook till the capsicum is crunchy. ( Do not over cook the capsicum )
Mix the contents well . Serve hot .
This dish goes well with Naan Recipe and also with flat breads , parathas and steamed Rice . Yummy Kadai Chicken is ready to serve !
Check out all the other side dishes for roti / Naan by clicking here .
- The capsicum could be roasted in oil for few seconds till they become crunchy , and added to the gravy .