|TOMATO PEPPER CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES|
- Chicken - 250 grams
- Red chilli - 6 numbers , slit
- Turmeric powder- 1 tea spoon
- Onion -1 number , chopped
- Tomatoes - 1 number , chopped very finely Or Pureed
- Salt - To Taste
- Oil -1 table spoon
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 table spoon
- Cumin powder -1 1/2 tea spoon
- pepper powder - 1 1/2 tea spoon
Cut the chicken and add turmeric powder to it .Mix well and set aside for at least 30 minutes . This step removes the smell from the chicken
In a heavy bottom pan , add the oil , after it is heated add the chopped onions and slit red chillies and cook till onion becomes soft.
Add the tomatoes and cook till it becomes mushy . ( Pureed tomatoes could be used or the tomatoes could be finely chopped and added )
Add the ginger garlic paste .
Now add the cut Chicken pieces and stir. Add salt and the cumin and pepper powder and stir .
Add some water to let the chicken becomes soft and cook till the oil separates out from the gravy .
Serve hot with rice, roti dishes .