|EGGPLANT MASALA | BRINJAL MASALA | YENNAI KATHARIKAI PORIYAL|
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes | Cooking Time : 15 Minutes | Serves : 4
- Eggplant - 1 number , chopped ( I used big black beauty eggplant )
- Onion - 1 number , chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Red chilli powder Or Curry Powder - 1 teaspoon ( Click here for the recipe )
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Sesame Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a shallow pan , add the mustard seeds and allow it to pop . Now add the cumin seeds and urad dhal an fry for few seconds . Now add the chopped onion and fry till it becomes translucent .
- Now add the chopped Eggplant , turmeric powder , red chilli powder Or Curry Powder , salt and sprinkle little water and allow it to get cooked in medium flame .
- Cook till the Eggplant becomes soft and cook till the oil separates out from the Eggplant masala .
- Yummy Eggplant Masala is ready to serve !
Check out some of the Eggplant recipes in the blog below :
- Eggplant Capsicum Curry
- Eggplant Curry ( Puli Kulambu Recipe )
- Baingan Bharta ( Roasted Eggplant Gravy )
- Eggplant Drumstick Masala