|Veg Biryani / Vegetable Biryani Pressure Cooker Method|
- vegetables - 200 gm ( Carrot + Potatoes + Beans ) , Chopped
- Basmathi rice - 500 gm , soaked in water for 1/2 an hour ( 2 1/2 Cups of rice Approx )
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 300 gms , sliced
- Tomato - 1 no ,diced
- Ginger - 50 gms
- Garlic - 50 gms
- Green chiili - 4 nos , slit
- Mint leaves - A fistful ( I used Mint powder )
- Coriander leaf - A fistful
- Cloves - 2 no
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Ani seed - 1 no
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Salt - to taste
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup , beaten
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
Soak the basmathi rice in water for 30 minutes .Set aside .Grind the ginger, garlic, fennel seeds in to a paste . set aside .
In a pressure cooker , heat oil and add the spices like cloves , cinnamon , aniseed , bay leaf , and fry for a minute .Now add the sliced onion , green chilli, mint and coriander leaves and fry till the onion turns slightly brown in color .
Now add the tomato and cook till they turn soft .
Add the ground ginger garlic paste from mixer and cook till raw smell goes away .
Now add the chopped vegetables .
Add turmeric powder , red chilli powder , salt and mix .
Add yogurt and mix
Add 2 1/2 cups of water and bring the contents to a boil . I add the rice and water in the ratio of 1:1 .
Add the rice .
Cover it with the Lid and cook for only one hisses .Remove from heat , Mix well .
Serve hot with raitha .