|CHANA MASALA | CHOLE MASALA | EASY SIDE DISHES|
- Chickpeas / Kondakadalai / Chole - 400 gms ( Soaked overnight )
- Some whole Garam Masala spices .( Bayleaf + cloves + cinnamon)
- Onion - 2 no ,minced Or Pureed
- Tomato - 2 no , Pureed
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tbsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Kasthoori Methi Powder / Dried Fenugreek leaves- 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
Pressure cook the soaked chickpeas in pressure cooker for 1 whistle. Filter the water . Cool off .
Heat oil in a wok . Add the whole garam masala spices and fry . Now add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes away .
Add the minced onions or pureed onions and cook till they become translucent .
Now add the pureed tomatoes , Red chilli powder , garam masala powder , turmeric powder , salt and bring the contents to a boil .
Add the pressure cooked chick peas and cook till the water evaporates and the gravy becomes thick .
Now add the Kasthoori Methi powder and squeeze out the lime juice and give a stir . Cook in low flame till the oil separates out from the curry .
Serve hot with Bathure , poori , chapathi , steamed rice .
Check out the other side dishes for roti by clicking here .
If you like this recipe please like my Facebook page here to get regular recipe updates , or follow me on twitter here , pinterest here , and Google plus here to get regular updates of recipes .