Mutton Biryani ( Lamb or Goat ) Biryani is an authentic Indian dish . Mutton Biryani is a Famous and a flavorful Indian dish made with mutton and Rice cooked together with some aromatic Indian spices . So now off to today's recipe Mutton Biryani .
|MUTTON BIRYANI | LAMB BIRYANI | மட்டன் பிரியாணி | AATU KARI BIRYANI ( PRESSURE COOKER METHOD )|
Mutton Biryani - Ingredients:
Recipe Category: Main course | Recipe Cuisine: India
- Ghee / Oil - 100 grams
- Onion - 300 grams
- Mint leaves - a handful,Chopped
- Coriander leaves - A handful,Chopped
- Cinnamon Stick- 1number
- Cloves- 4 numbers
- Bay leaf - 1 number
- Star Aniseed -1 number
- Black cardamon - 1 number
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Green Chilli - 4 numbers , slit
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd ( Yogurt )- 1/2 cup , beaten ( Click here for the recipe )
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 120 grams, chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 100 grams ( Click here for the recipe )
- Basmathi rice - 500 grams
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- Lamb / Goat Pieces - 500 grams ( Cleaned and chopped )
- Yogurt / Curd - 1/4 cup ( Click here for the recipe )
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon ( Click here for the recipe )
- Salt - to taste
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Combine all the ingredients under the "To marinate" section , and set aside for 1/2 an hour . Transfer these contents to the pressure cooker , add 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook them for 10 hisses , or till the lamb becomes tender . Don't drain the water .
- In a pressure cooker , add the oil / Ghee add the cinnamon stick , cloves , bay leaf , aniseed , fennel seeds , cumin seeds , black cardamon and allow the contents to fry a bit . They give a wonderful aroma . Now add the sliced onions , green chilli , mint leaves and fry till the onions become translucent .
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they become soft .
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes away .
- Now add in only the cooked mutton pieces , yogurt and mix well .( Do not add water this time )
- For 1 cup of basmathi rice add 1 1/2 cup of water. Now add the left over water from the cooked meat and Similarly calculate and add the required water to boil the rice.
- Add the turmeric powder , red chilli powder , mint leaves , coriander leaves and salt and bring the contents to boil .
- Add the Basmati rice .
- Pressure cook in a medium high flame for only 1 hisses . Turn off . Open the lid , add the lemon juice and give a gentle stir
- Serve hot with Raitha , and boiled egg.
- Enjoy this easy and tasty Mutton Biryani !
- Mutton Biryani is ready to serve .