How to Freeze Bell Peppers ( Capsicum ) - This is a simple post with step wise pictures that helps in storing large quantities of Bell Peppers in freezer and use it later . The Spring Season is on air , Yet the east Coast is still in winter . I am planning to plant few Bell peppers this year too , My kids Akshita and Nishita are planning to sow few seeds as well . Cant wait for the spring to start and get back to gardening . So now off to Today's post How to Freeze Bell Peppers .
|HOW TO FREEZE BELL PEPPERS ( CAPSICUM )|
- Take the colored Bell peppers . Chop them in to medium sized pieces , Discard the seeds . Wash them in water .
- Next step is blanching . Transfer them to a hot boiling water . Let it stay for 3 minutes .
- After 3 minutes , Filter them .
- Run them in a cold water immediately . Do not Cook the Bell peppers . Pat them dry . Spread them on a plate.
- Place the plate on the freezer for one hour . After one hour remove them from freezer .
- Now separate all the sticking pieces and transfer to Ziploc bag .
- Seal them and label them with date and freeze the Bell peppers .
- Use the Bell peppers as needed in making your favorite recipes .
- The Blanching is a very important process in freezing the bell peppers , as this process kills the active enzymes and help in storing them fresh for a long period .
- I used these frozen bell peppers for up to Two months . They were healthy , fresh and flavorful
Click the other Basics of Cooking tips posted in the blog by clicking here .
Check out the other Bell pepper (Capsicum ) Recipes in the blog below .
- Capsicum Rice
- Capsicum Pickle
- Capsicum Curry ( Capsicum Puli Kulambu )
- Capsicum Poriyal ( Stir Fry Capsicum )
If you like this recipe please like my Facebook page here to get regular recipe updates , or follow me on twitter here , pinterest here , and Google plus here to get regular updates of recipes .