Ponnanganni Keerai is a tamil name of a spinach variety . The name Ponnanganni meaning Pon means Gold and this spinach Variety is as precious as gold . The taste of Ponnangani keerai is really good and it is one of the best taste in the spinach Varieties . The English name of the Ponnanganni Keerai is Dwarf Copperleaf or Sessile Joyweed . So now of to today's post Ponnanganni Keerai Kootu Recipe .
|PONNANGANNI KEERAI KOOTU | HOW TO MAKE SPINACH KOOTU RECIPE | SPINACH DAL|
- This is our Ponnangani Keerai Growing in our backyard .
- Chop the stems of this Keerai ( Spinach ) using the scissors .
- Separate the Leaves from the stem . Wash the leaves well to remove sand . Do not throw the stem . They can be used to make soups .
- In a pressure cooker add the washed Moong dal, Turmeric Powder ,chopped tomatoes, slit green chilli, , water and pressure cook the contents for for 10 minutes till the dal is cooked well.Add salt
- In a Wok, heat oil add the mustard seeds allow it to pop ,add the urad dal ,cumin seeds, chopped onions ,slit red chilli and cook till onions become soft.Add the chopped Ponnangani Keerai ( Spinach ) leaves and stir for 2 minutes. Cook till leaves become soft .
- Transfer this to the cooked dal , add water to desired consistency and bring the contents to a boil .
- Poonangani Keerai Kootu is ready to serve .
Check out the Similar Recipes below :
Click here to View all the other dal recipes posted in the blog .
Check out some spinach varieties in the blog below.